Woodland POA Endorses Jeff Reisig
For Yolo District Attorney
September 29, 2017
To whom it may concern:
I am writing this reference in the capacity of the Woodland Police Officers’ Association President in support of District Attorney Jeff Reisig. I have known Jeff for ten years as a Woodland Police Officer and President of the WPOA. In my capacity as a Peace Officer, Jeff has always regard public safety with the up most importance, ensuring violent criminals are prosecuted and removed from our communities. DA Reisig has also ensured victims of these violent crimes are protected and receive the services needed to recover.
As he developed and set forth the Neighborhood Court and Mental Health Court in Yolo County, DA Reisig has reached new unprecedented grounds. Members of the WPOA have seen firsthand these programs work. Those who have been arrested and have successfully completed the aforementioned, are currently seen in the community as reformed and productive citizens.
His intuitive thinking and dedication to our communities in Yolo County, have made this and easy decision to support his efforts and endorse Jeff Reisig for re-election as Yolo County’s District Attorney.
Experienced, Respected, Thoughtful, & Innovative
District Attorney Jeff Reisig has earned our trust.
He’s kept Yolo County residents safe through tough but fair prosecutions, innovative crime prevention programs and diverse community outreach efforts.
Jeff has improved efficiency in the District Attorney’s Office, focused on tough sentences for sex offenders and violent criminals, pursued smart criminal justice reforms like mental health court, implemented ground-breaking restorative justice programs for low-level offenders, launched an innovative High-Tech Unit to utilize cutting-edge technology to catch criminals and dramatically improved services to victims of crime.
To protect our families and children, he’s cracked down on gang and gun violence and worked to rid our neighborhoods of drug dealers, burglars and sexual predators.
Jeff’s creative crime prevention programs and “Fraud Alerts” have helped local residents learn how to recognize and prevent crimes like identity theft, elder abuse, real estate fraud and Internet-related offenses.
Jeff also launched a series of diversity-driven outreach programs to provide citizens a forum to interact directly with the District Attorney and also learn more about the criminal justice system.
And despite tough economic times, Jeff has wisely managed and preserved vital public safety services and improved efficiency throughout the District Attorney’s Office. He was the first District Attorney in California to successfully design and launch a paperless case management system in court, thereby saving time, money and trees! And, he has responsibly kept the District Attorney’s office operating under budget during his tenure as District Attorney.
Experienced, respected, thoughtful, innovative, and committed to protecting us — Jeff Reisig is the right choice for District Attorney.
Getting the Job Done
Since taking office, Jeff has made improving public safety his top priority. He’s also made tremendous efforts to engage historically underserved communities and fully embrace the 21st Century community prosecutor approach that makes his office a visible and participating partner in all of Yolo County’s communities. Jeff has also improved office efficiency to ensure taxpayers’ dollars are invested wisely. As District Attorney, Jeff has:
• Launched a Sexual Predator Unit designed to track and catch child molesters and rapists.
• Collaborated on Yolo County’s first successful Mental Health Court for those with mental illness.
• Built a High-Tech Division to utilize cutting-edge technology to catch and convict criminals.
• Decreased needless delays in the criminal justice system.
• Innovated and effectively deployed the first paperless District Attorney case management system in California & responsibly managed operating expenses in the District Attorney’s Office.
• Implemented an Environmental Unit to catch polluters and a Consumer Fraud Protection Unit to catch con-artists and unscrupulous businesses.
• Implemented an innovative “Fraud Alert” program to protect seniors and others.
• Utilized Restorative Justice in a ground-breaking Neighborhood Court Program.
• Developed a Multi-Cultural Community Council and a Citizens Academy to engage diverse sections of our community.
• Increased services to victims and educated the public on victims’ rights.
• Received the Calvin Handy Leadership Award from UC Davis for community leadership in public safety in Yolo County and the campus community.
• Honored by the Concilio of Yolo County for leadership in developing reformative, inclusive & diverse community programs.
• Received the continuing support of Crime Victims United of California for always advocating for victims of crime.